On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:35:39 +0100 (BST)
Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi :)
> Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the Apache OpenOffice 4.0 yet?
>
> I really liked the sound of the toolbar down the side so i just gave it a
> quick go.  I was a tad disappointed to find that toolbar was in addition to
> the ones we both already have at the top and mostly was just a duplication of
> many of those buttons.  However 1st time try-outs of new things seldom go
> completely smoothly!  lol
>
> I would really like to see both LO and AOO go this route and faster.  At the
> moment all programs seem intent on making the screen more and more like a
> letter-box slit with more and more wasted space at the sides and more and
> more crammed in at the top&bottom.
>
> It's becoming tougher and tougher to see a whole document all at the same
> time.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

The individual toolbars and the sidebar are all separately switchable on/off in
a standard AOO 4.0 installation.

Switching off standard toolbars releases space at screen top; using Sidebar
uses side space. If one wishes even more vertical space one can (Operating
system dependent) often turn a wide monitor on its side.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>