On 11/10/2013 07:05 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:43 10/11/2013 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
Why is everyone straying away from the fact that there is a simple extension developed by Cor (one of our brilliant devs) which accomplishes all of this? Just curious if there's a benefit to doing these formula techniques instead of just pushing a button on a nice gui

Oh, that's easy:
1. List subscribers will have read earlier suggestions and are intelligent enough to ignore later ones if they prefer. 2. Different methods are appropriate in different circumstances - and subscribers other than the original questioner may find them helpful to their different needs. 3. It's important that questionable statements made on a public list read by many (and indeed archived) are challenged.

(Anyone is welcome to trash this message if desired!)

Brian Barker

:-D Fair enough. I was actually just curious if there is a benefit to the formulas over the text to number as I always use it but would change if there was a benefit to some other method :-D

Thanks for explaining!

All the best,
Joel