Hello, my name is Alexander , at the moment I am a programmer in OGAOU SPO "
Belgorod College of industry and services " , country: Russia , city of Belgorod.

I want to introduce into commercial operation institution package LibreOffice
as an alternative package of MS Office, in order to move to the format ODF,
which in our country is a national fixed state standard ( ISO / IEC 26300-2010
. Came into force on June 1, 2011 ) . However , implementation of this project
gives me concerns about the advisability of this step for the following reasons
:

I know in many business organizations and educational institutions was an
attempt to introduce LibreOffice and OpenOffice, but they all failed. Even
where people were friendly to the use of these products later returned to the
MS Office package due to the low quality software LibreOffice and OpenOffice (
because of the continuing occurrence of bugs and endless expectations of new
releases in which errors have not been corrected ), the appearance artifacts
for viewing and printing of documents created in MS Office and other non- ODF
(Open Document Format). In general, the situation is that there is a standard
but actually exists only on paper , in addition to MS Office 2013 support is
implemented ODF, which makes it even more attractive to use.

In my opinion , free software does not justify its poor quality. Many IT professionals
and PC users have an opinion about LibreOffice and OpenOffice as a " shitty "
software, which can not be used in the workplace.

In contrast to system administrators trying to implement packages LibreOffice
or OpenOffice, I am a professional programmer and familiar with the process of
software development. In my opinion the industrial application package
LibreOffice is possible, but subject to personal contact with the immediate
developers package their interest in creating a quality product and
responsiveness to the comments , suggestions for improvement and immediate
response on the error of the package , as well as providing operational fixes
without having to wait for the official release. I believe that developers care
about their product and frankly, I know that in the case to contact technical
support patches can wait for years , and a direct appeal to the developer can
take it to cure is not more than 15 minutes .

My idea is to introduce a distinctive package LibreOffice is in close
interaction directly with the developers and their interest in this cooperation
.

As a result of successful implementation , the package will have the right to life and
begin to be implemented in other educational institutions of Russia ( as exists between
educational institutions experience exchange program , usually a methodological
associations ) , as well information about the successful implementation of the same will
go to the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation and respectively wave on other
ministries. This collaboration will raise the quality of software , as it will be used in
the work (in the " battle" conditions and not on the bench) .

Waiting for your reply on this proposal and look forward to working ...

Alexander.