On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 12:11:30PM +0000, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> No worries!  It was good to hear from you and also good to get a
> chuckle on a day which is otherwise quite depressing or annoying for a
> lot of people.  Plus, i had been taking the initial post waaaay too
> seriously before you pointed out 'the obvious'.

No problem. Actually, I like to see stuff like this occasionally. It
breaks up the monotony.

       .......snip......

> Obviously a LOT of people were upset about the BolgenOS story but for
> me the most upsetting part was that
> 1.  an IT Tutor had no idea about non-MS OSes.  Even if he/she was a
> more generic science teacher i'd have hoped for a little less
> ignorance!

That's common in the school systems. There's a story circulating about a
principal who reamed some kid for using linux, telling him that "that's a
hacker's OS". Yeah, it makes me livid too.

Take care.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped