On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 21:41:48 +0100
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <m...@webthatworks.it> wrote:

> I've a rounding or maybe display format problem with base.
>
> I'm making computations with NUMERIC(30, 2)
>
> I've a query (let's name it query1) that do some computation on
> numeric columns something like:
>
> SELECT
>     SUM(c1 * c2 / c3) as s1
>     , SUM(c4 * c5 / c6) as s2
>   FROM table1
>   GROUP BY c0;
>
> This query actually returns several rows that have the precision I
> need.
>
> Then I've  query as:
>
> SELECT SUM(s1 * s1) as ss1 from query1;
>
> SELECT SUM(s2) as ss2 from query1;
>
> And they return result in scientific notation with just 2 decimal
> visible 6,23E+015
>
> When I try to do further computations with ss1 and ss2 I get 0 with NO
> decimal digits.
>
> When I import query1 in localc and do the sum and squaring and
> further computation there I can get the precision I need.

I've been playing around with column definition, increasing decimal
point in numerics and nothing changed.
I couldn't see the number of decimals increase in any step of my
computation.

It seems related to:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/rounding-off-number-results-in-Base-td4056773.html

that's pretty an old problem and I couldn't find any workaround.

This looks pretty critical

I'm running:
Version: 4.1.4.2
Build ID: 410m0(Build:2)