Hello and a happy new year

Calc, paste special, transpose and link

I've done this before but can't get it to work again - I'm blaming the brain
cells

In one spreadsheet I select a range of vertical cells and copy

In the second spreadsheet I right click a cell go paste special and select
paste all, transpose, link (all selections then go grey)
Click ok and the cells are pasted vertical *not horizontal* as required

I've done it before ??  But I'm doing a bit of head scratching now

Can anyone help

-----
IGraham

W764  LibreOffice 4.1.0.4