El 2014-01-01 04:42 p.m., IGraham escribió:
How i managed to do it before I've no idea ? - the brain cells must be even
more diminished than i thought

however this worked
=TRANSPOSE(the cells) then press SHIFT CONTROL ENTER

thanks for looking at the problem people and apologies for distracting you
from your new year celebrations

-----
IGraham

W764  LibreOffice 4.1.0.4

I didn't know of TRANSPOSE. I used it *without* Ctrl+Shift+Enter and it transposed the complete matrix and automatically included { and }.