Hi,
      I have a column of dates in Calc that look like this:
01.07.1986
02.07.1986
03.07.1986
04.07.1986

This is a day, month, year format. Normally I could conditionally format the
column to say detect all the days in the column that fall on the 4th day of
the month, and turn the background of all their cells to say, blue.

But for some reason this won't work and I assume its the dots in the date
cells.

Any way to reformat the Date column into some Date format that would allow
conditional formatting as just described? Any ideas welcome.