On 2014-06-12 19:40, Pikov Andropov wrote:
I'm trying to set up 3x5 grid in a document.

Each element of the grid is a table.

I succeeded in creating the grid and the first table. Now I would like
to copy that table into each position of the rest of the grid.

I tried Table > Select > Table
CTRL-C

Click in the second grid window
CTRL-V

I do not get what I want.

What is the correct procedure for doing this?

Incidentally, this procedure was successful in Word and Kingsoft Writer,
so I'm confident that there's away to to it in LO.

Thanks.

I have found a bit of a work around. For the inner table, set the alignment left and specify a width. Make the cell of the outer table wide enough (drag border) to get the cursor in the cell with the inner table, then drag the cursor to select the contents of that cell (drag it a cell down and back) then do CTL-C, CTL-V to other cells of the outer table.
Steve