At 20:27 12/06/2014 +1200, Steve Edmonds wrote:
On 2014-06-12 19:40, Pikov Andropov wrote:
I'm trying to set up 3x5 grid in a document. Each element of the grid is a table. I succeeded in creating the grid and the first table. Now I would like to copy that table into each position of the rest of the grid. [...] I do not get what I want.

I have found a bit of a work around. For the inner table, set the alignment left and specify a width. Make the cell of the outer table wide enough (drag border) to get the cursor in the cell with the inner table, then drag the cursor to select the contents of that cell (drag it a cell down and back) then do CTL-C, CTL-V to other cells of the outer table.

I think you are making this too complicated and underselling yourself! You may not need that adjustment of the nested table's properties, as there will usually be an empty paragraph after the nested table and therefore available space from which to drag. Instead, your trick of selecting the outer table's cell (including the nested table) by dragging from that cell to an adjacent cell and back again is all that is required. That's a much simpler solution than mine!

Brian Barker