I think we understand each other, Brian. It's all good...

Regards,
-Bill

On 9/9/2014 8:03 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 07:22 09/09/2014 -0400, William Drago wrote:
Since the OP was confused by your instructions (indicating his level of inexperience with spreadsheets) and you did not explain how to fill the column or the purpose of $, I offered what I thought would be easier for someone at his level to understand.

And I had - *of course* - no problem with that.

My solution is not intended as a criticism of your solution, which made perfect sense to me and is frequently what I do in my own spreadsheets.

My only quibble was that you presented it as what I was "trying to say" - which wasn't so. Sorry if I gave any impression of being dismissive. This is a discussion list, after all.

I merely offered an alternative to someone who was struggling.

Splendid! And exactly why I offered my approval by finishing "chacun à son goût".

Brian Barker