Johnny, Regina ,

under "tools" we have a function GetProductName()
who returns for me "LibreOffice4.2"

hope it helps

Fernand

Hi Johnny,

You might distinguish it with Basic function IsUnoStruct?

Kind regards
Regina

Johnny Rosenberg schrieb:
Here's my problem:

I have both Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed and I use them
both. I have quite a few Calc files with Basic macros. Today I found my
first difference between the Basic API in LibreOffice vs. Apache OpenOffice:

Dim Dlg As Object, Ctl As Object
DialogLibraries.LoadLibrary("Standard")
Dlg=CreateUnoDialog(DialogLibraries.Standard.ElDialog)
Ctl=Dlg.getControl("DateField")

Now, I want to use Ctl.setDate(myDate) and myDate=Ctl.getDate(), and here's
the difference:
In Apache OpenOffice, myDate is a Long. Today's date, 2014-10-19, is
represented as 20141019. I made two functions to convert to and from the
format I needed.

When running my macro in LibreOffice, the macro was interrupted by an error
message, of course. After some debugging I found that the LibreOffice
version of Ctl.setDate/Ctl.getDate works with a struct:
Type DateType
Year As Long
Month As Long
Day As Long
End Type

This is of course not a big deal, I can make the macro accept both formats, but the macro need to know if LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice is running it. How can I do that? I have tried to find the answer myself, both using
xray and searching the web, but so far nothing.