Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your detailed reply.  After I had sent my message, I realised
that I had neglected to mention that I am using the H2 database.

I went back into Tools | Relationships and decided to remove the the
relationship lines so that I could manually make the changes I wanted.  I
discovered that for two of the relationships it took three attempts to
delete the lines.  That made me wonder if I had somehow managed to link my
tables three times!  So I reinstated the relationships using the "New
Relation" button rather than dragging the lines.  Then, to my surprise, I
discovered that "Update cascade" worked!!

If there were three lines joining the tables, I've no idea how I managed to
do that.  Otherwise, I'm at a loss to know what I was doing wrong
yesterday.  Perhaps the overnight reboot of my PC fixed it!

Anyway, thanks again.

Noel
--
Marion & Noel Lodge