Wow!  Seems we have a new religion here, added to the conflicts in the Middle
East, Northern Ireland (calm at the moment) and Kashmir, not to mention the
South China Sea.

Can we agree that a) rtf is not an ISO standard and has never been; that b)
most programs with a proprietary text format could once save as rtf and some
still do, but now rarely as the only alternative and that c) it's not worth
fighting any more over what rtf is and is not.  We'll save a lot of bandwidth
that way, and maybe save the Document Foundation from having to buy a new Emc2
cabinet to handle all the traffic.

Just my 2c.

James

PS perhaps my biggest beef is that the two most eager sparring partners both
have to be moderated and I'm a moderator!  ;)