wdrago wrote
> I just upgraded to 4.4.1.2 (Windows) and I am not happy to
> see that the worksheet selection buttons now look like
> columns instead of folder tabs. Was there any logic behind
> this change or is this change for the sake of change? How
> does this make Calc more useable? What problem were users
> having that this change solved?

Actually although this breaks with the usual look, it is much more useable
when you are working with a file with several pages/spreadsheets/tabs
If you a have a file with a few tabs (or the tab names are longer than
SheetN), you end up with an horizontal scroll bar that is minimal and very
ineffective.
It is a bit odd that the tab is not visually connected to the spreadsheet
but the gain in usability clearly compensates.

Maybe the shape of the tab could be the usual trapezoid instead a rectangle
(that could be confused with a cell). But that is up to the Design/UX people
to advise... As a user I have no idea how harder it is to program
trapezoidal instead of rectangular tabs.

Just my 2 cents.