Alex McMurchy wrote:
If that's still a problem edit the report to insert a page break before
"Schedule for".

In fact, using a report turned out to be a viable, if somewhat counterintuitive way to do what I wanted. When I click the "Sorting and Grouping" icon on the Report Builder screen, there is a "Keep Together" selection which I set to "Whole Group." This keeps each schedule on a separate page -- no mail-merge required.

The only unsolved problem is that what I actually wanted is for each schedule to be a separate PDF document that would be emailed to each student (the real database has each student's email address). I imagine that I may be able to solve that with a script (thanks very much for the one you sent -- I'll study it for inspiration!)

It also took me a bit of time to figure out how to place static text on each schedule, but once I realized that the only way to do that was to use label objects, and image objects for the school logo, it was just a matter of fiddling with the placement.

Another thing I noticed was that the filter that I'd set up within the document for my mailmerge attempt was apparently still in effect for the report. It took me a while to figure out why I was only getting a single record printed. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any indication or way to turn the filter off within Report Builder. Instead, I had to go into the document, reset filtering and then return to Report Builder. On one hand, that was not expected, but on the other hand, it was a convenient way to quickly look at a sample without having to generate the entire report each time.

Thanks once again.

Ed