On 18 okt. 2016, at 17:14, Italo Vignoli wrote:

> On 18/10/2016 15:38, nasrin khaksar wrote:
>
>> does it mean that libreoffice which is one branch of openoffice, is
>> extremely secure and it does not have any security Vulnerability to
>> fix in the every new release version?
>
> LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org, not a branch, and as such has
> independent development and security management.
>
>> all versions are the same in security and its no different which
>> version i desire to use. is it true?
>
> Absolutely not. You should use one of the two versions currently
> available for download.
>
>> i use and wish to use 4.4.6, is it completely secure like the oldest
>> and newer versions?
>
> No, you should use either 5.1.x or 5.2.x. LibreOffice 4.4.6 is over two
> years old, and has not been updated security wise for over one year.

I am still using LibreOffice  4.3.6.1 since LO makes it impossible for me to
upgrade in my OS (Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5).
My iMac 24", although old, functions very well, but Apple thinks that my HW is
to old to update the OS to a newer version. Since LO decided to go with new
libraries I am stuck with LO 4.3.6.1