Hello Brian,
Thanks, on my Mint-System it HAD become un-ticked! It works fine after ticking it...
Regards
H. Stoellinger

Am 2016-12-01 um 18:53 schrieb Brian Barker:
At 17:28 01/12/2016 +0100, H. Stoellinger wrote:
In the documentation I read that... " When saving a file, LibreOffice always appends an extension to the file name, except when the file name already has an extension that matches the file type." Since I have been using LO 5.2.3.3 (development release), the extension does NOT get appended to the filename automatically anymore. Is this "works as designed" or a bug? I can re-open the file correctly after saving it.

Near the bottom of the Save As dialogue, there is an "Automatic file name extension" tick box. (Does this release still have that?) Has this become unticked? This setting sticks, so if you removed the tick - intentionally or by mistake - it will remain unticked until you replace it.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

--
Gruesse aus Fuerstenbrunn