Hi, I have had this before.
What type of document, calc, writer? What OS.
Does the file name have additional points (i.e. my.file.name) I found this sometimes tricked LO and it saved without extension.
steve

On 2016-12-02 05:28, H. Stoellinger wrote:
Hello,
In the documentation I read that...
" When saving a file, LibreOffice always appends an extension to the file name, except when the file name already has an extension that matches the file type." Since I have been using LO 5.2.3.3 (development release), the extension does NOT get appended to the filename automatically anymore. Is this "works as designed" or a bug? I can re-open the file correctly after saving it.
Regards
H. Stoellinger