On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

The document is created in Writer. It has Text, a table and an embedded
spreadsheet. I got it from and OO/LO template document years ago. I've
tweaked it somewhat, but not much.  I open it in Writer, paste in the
relevant charges from my Tracking spreadsheet, save it to a new filename,
and then save a copy in Office format for my clients, who use Word and
Microsoft Office. I can't dictate to paying clients what software to use to
open my invoices.

I can't just send it in ODF. Unless MS Office has suddenly decided to
support reading ODF files. Last time I tried it didn't.  I could send it in
PDF, and will if I have no other choice. If LO can't export a simple
spreadsheet embedded in a document to a current MS format, or read back
what it wrote, then they should not be included as options to export to.

I use this system for my business. It has to work, or I have to use
something else.