On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, Tim-L wrote:

I just checked my list of TTF fonts with what LibreOffice sees and can
use.  I have ones that are icon/glyph "letters" that do not have anything
to do with Latin or other letter styles.  Those TTF fonts work fine.

Tim-L,

  I'll look in the TTF directory and see what I have.

I currently use LO 5.3.6.1 on an Ubuntu 16.04LTS laptop - the laptop I am
typing from. I do not think any Win10 or Ubuntu partition/system is still
running versions lower than 5.2.1.

  Since I run neither Microsoft nor a Ubuntu this does not apply. I've run
Slackware the past 14 years. Current LO version is 5.4.1.

Thanks,

Rich