Thank you for responding; maybe you've figured this out for me.

       I'll be attempting this soon,

From: Virgil Arrington <cuyfa...@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] [Copying slides from one presentation to
another]
To: "users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org>

Anne,

In my curiosity to understand what Italo has been saying, I installed LO
6.0.3 to my Puppy Linux partition, and I now understand it.

All the LO developers have done is move the function from the "Insert >
File..." menu selection to the "Slide > Insert Slides from File..." menu
selection.

Once you click on the new menu option from the Slide menu, you'll be
prompted to select an .odp file, just as we did when we did it through
"Insert > File...". Once you select the file, you'll have the option to
select as many or as few of the slides from the file as you want.

The functionality has not changed. The only change is that it has been
moved from "Insert > File..." to "Slides > Insert Slides from File..."

Like you, I question why such a change was needed, but you can still
obtain the same results with the same number of mouse clicks.

Virgil