> Enviar: martes 17 de abril de 2018 a las 22:44
> De: anne-ology <lagin...@gmail.com>
> Para: users@global.libreoffice.org
> Asunto: Re: [libreoffice-users] [Copying slides from one presentation to
> another]
>
>        Thank you for responding; maybe you've figured this out for me.
>
>        I'll be attempting this soon,
Anne,

Do you have the help files installed? I don't generally use Impress, but I know
from changes in Writer that I have had to look for things (including the Insert
Document function from 5.x). I just opened Impress (6.0.3.2) and a) (based on
Virgil's reply), found the insert file function slide function (oddly to me,
under Slide rather than Insert) and b) checked the help file which in an
sub-entry for insert has instructions for inserting either a whole file or
selected slides.

This is similar to changes in Writer, although, actually, more accessible in
the Impress help file than the Writer one. Actually, I cannot find equivalent
help in Writer at the moment as the Insert document is now handled by Insert
text from document which I do not see documented or at least clearly indexed
(at least in my Spanish-language help files), neither do I see the possibility
of selecting only part of the text before insertion (which makes the label for
the command misleading).

Anne and Virgil,

I am not sure why some menus have changed, but I think that we have to
recognize that LO faces two issues. First, some of the menus are exceedingly
long at this point (at least in Writer) and so subject to reorganization.
Second, some functions may be redone rather than completely lost, and redoing
should, perhaps be our first assumption leading us to either hunt around, check
the help files, or, later, resort to the forum.

In addition, since we are using the bleeding edge version of LO, we have to
expect not only changes, but perhaps some flaws in those changes and be
prepared to give feedback. I have discovered one problem with resizing related
to Gtk3 in 6.0. I find one change in Word annoying (where one could formerly
create columns by marking the text and clicking "columns" and now must insert a
section and then the text in the section). There feedback is the crucial thing.
The column command change may be related to changing and expanding
functionality or simply a lack of understanding of good workflow for the users
(although I will give the benefit of the doubt here). In this case I am
foregoing feedback at the moment because, while I find the prior organization
more flexible and reasonable in terms of workflow, I cannot say it impedes my
work. It simply changes the order in which I do things.

Best,
Roy