I have had a similar problem, but it's different enough that I doubt
that they are the same.

I use a Bible program called Xiphos Bible Guide on Linux Mint 18, with
LO 6.0.3.

Like you, I typically use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V for copy and paste. I often
copy and paste Bible verses from the Bible program to LO. I once found
that, with the first copy and paste using keyboard shortcuts, everything
went fine, but with the second copy/paste attempt, I would get Bible
verse "A" rather than Bible verse "B" (using your nomenclature).

What I concluded was that the Bible program wasn't using Ctrl-C with
successive copy operations. After the first copy with Ctrl-C, and for
later text copying, I would have to right-click on the selected text and
mouse-click on "Edit" > "Copy" to get the second copied text to the
clipboard.

This behavior was consistent no matter what program I was copying to, so
I concluded that there was nothing wrong with LO.

Virgil