It's a while since I used this.

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Recording_a_Macro

From memory you record the macro into your template and all subsequent docs should inherit the macro.

HTH

Tim

On 21/05/18 19:25, Michael Tiernan wrote:
Sorry for the untrimmed quote and top post Gmail client forces it like
this.

I started to write a macro (and failed miserably) because I wanted to, in a
spreadsheet, enter today's date and time in a column (or two) that then
*never* updates again. All of my attempts at getting this to work (via
existing methods or by creating a macro) failed.

I simply had to accept that I had to enter it every time I I made an entry.

If I got it wrong l'd love to hear of a better way to do it.