Hi :)
@ Mauricio:  Wow!!!  That was very eloquent! :))  Thanks :)

@ Gordon:  Sorry!  I had a go with Pascal but got distracted and didn't get
very far.  It looked a LOT more elegant but i was entrenched in using Basic
at the time and couldn't handle the back to basics at that point in time.

@ all: Do you think Python is easy as a 1st language?  - or is it better to
start with something else first to ease into it all?

I'm kinda playing around with Scratch a bit and kinda learning Python but
at a very relaxed pace.  Both seem quite good fun now :)

Regards from a Tom :)