On 01/31/2019 11:50 AM, Tom Williams wrote:
> The reason I asked is, I've never considered the need to digitally
> sign a document I created or modified in LibreOffice.

At least one bank I'm aware of allows digital signing of documents.  So,
you might download a form to open an account, take out a loan, etc. fill
it out and digitally sign it.

Also, think about the current practice of many lawyers and other
professionals, who still fax documents.  It would be far more secure
than any fax could be.  In fact, given how easy it is to edit scanned
images, spoof phone numbers, etc., there's no way fax can be considered
secure these days.  Yet, people still use them.