On 2019/02/13 13:26, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:
if I wrote a macro that inserts the letter 'X', I would not expect the insertion to specify the font unless I went out of my way to do so.

I am interested in seeing the macro that you are using.

Well, I am not actually "writing" the macro - I have no idea how to do that. I use "Tools -> Macros -> Record macro" and open the "insert special characters dialog box".
THIS is where the problem is.
As far as I can tell, there is no way NOT to select a font in that dialog.
On top you have the "Search / Font / Subset" fields.
"Font" gives you a list of fonts, but not the choice of "none / automatic" etc. - or allows you to delete the currently selected font.
I had been hoping to find that kind of choice.

Mr. Pitonyak. Please don't worry. I am not in a hurry. I have been pondering this for years already ...

Thank you.
Thomas Blasejewicz

Sent from BlueMail <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=14470>