I started using StarOffice a ways back, then OpenOffice.org, then Libreoffice since Oracle bought Sun. I do not now have, nor have I ever had, stability problems, except _sometimes_ when I install a new release over the old one.  Now, I _always_ remove the old version before installing a new version. Never a problem since.

I note that I need to install a new version.

-- David

Version: 6.2.1.2 (x64)
Build ID: 7bcb35dc3024a62dea0caee87020152d1ee96e71
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded