I tried approaching this from the dialogs, and eventually gave up trying to
map it back to the spec.

However, when I found flat file format, I found that it's easier to
understand how it works by opening the .fodt files in a plain text editor,
and especially doing 'diff' style comparison between the same file saved as
flat file format before and after making only a couple changes to the
dialog in question.

However, pages are more complex than paragraph styles.  There's 3 (?)
different spots that changes to page definition reside in the actual xml,
and understanding their relationship is fun..