I have the page number field in the footer of my template. This template will
be used for a series of small documents to be issued in pdf form. My intention
is to use Writer to export to pdf and then use pdf-shuffler or similar to
append a first page as title page without any page number and prepared in
different software.

In anticipation , I edited the page no. field to have an offset of 1 so that my
page numbering in Writer would start at 2.

Tests show that this works nicely with one exception. The last page doesn't
show a number until I force a page break. This means that I have an unwanted
empty last page which I can always remove from the pdf with pdf-shuffler.

If the offset is set to 0 (the default), the last page displays a number as
soon as it is generated.

Is there some other manipulation I can make in LO Writer to make the page no.
show on the last page as soon as it is generated within Writer when the offset
is set to 1 ?

Philip