Having poked at this issue for days and being no closer to a solution, I
turn to those on this list. I am doing battle with a line-wrap problem
that defies all attempts to correct it. It's this (as illustrated in the
small attached screenshot fragment): at the end of a line the writing
jumps to the next line, not hyphenating anything (which is fine) but just
simply splitting words in the middle. It was not always thus.

I can't help but think that at some point I must have accidentally clicked
on some configuration option that caused this to happen, but that option
is not apparent to me.

If I save the file and open it in something else, the words are wrapped
normally, leading me to think it's a view or display issue.

Anybody know how I can fix this?

I'm running 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community atop the TDE desktop on Ubuntu
20.04. But the problem has been around for a while.

Thanks in advance.

RNtba