The only reference, I found to DoCmd in the LO Base Guide 7.3 is on
page 504 (Special commands), i.e. rather brief ("To name a few").

As the employed syntax compiles in LOBase without error, I assume it is
correct as described below, so far. So I'm looking for a better
explanation for the behaviour.

By the way, I am running

Version: 7.3.4.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.14; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded

LO Base is my front end toward a Mariadb (V10) as backend database
server system.

Cheers
Harvey