I have a guess since I was not previously aware of this method.

There is precedence for LO adding support for Microsoft Office (MSO)
compatibility. I am guessing that this method was added for MSO compatibility
with MS Access (but that is just a guess). I would assume, therefore, that it
should act similarly to how the method work in MS Access (again a guess).

When I really want to know, I pull the code and then I go looking for the
method in the code to see what it does.

Also, if it immediately registers as an error, then you might need to turn on
compatibility mode.

Well, that is what I thought until I googled a bit

This implies that the command is based on an extension rather than directly
supported by LO.

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/access2base
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/access2base-api-base-users
https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/syntax-form-controls-base/45282