Reuti <re...@staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am 22.08.2013 um 10:12 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Denis:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm using OGS/GE 2011.11p1 on Linux and I want to play with cgroups.
>>
>> My idea was simply to dynamically create a cgroup on an execution node
>> per JOBID using a prolog (and cgcreate or simple shell command), but I
>> also need to run the provided user command with cgexec. Is there a way
>> to alter the command within the prolog ?
>
> What do you mean by "alter" the command? I would suggest to look into a
> redefinition of the "starter_method" in the queue definition.

That runs as the user, so it can only manipulate cgroups with an suid
utility or suitable capability (caveat emptor).  The job needs doing in
execd and shepherd.

The only hook currently available (pending SLURM-like loadable modules)
that runs privileged at least once per-node is shepherd_cmd.  It's
non-trivial to have that do cleanup (as opposed to exec'ing
sge_shepherd) without major breakage.

--
Community Grid Engine:  http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/