----- Original Message -----
From: "Reuti" <re...@staff.uni-marburg.de>

> The hardware doesn't matter much for such a PE, more the various defined
> queues: to which one you will attach the newly created PE?

> During installation you can check whether there is such a PE (scan all PEs
> and look for "allocation_rule $pe_slots" and a proper slot > count therein =>
> use this name for the PE request) and whether it's attached to any queue.
> Well, this doesn't prevent the admin of the > cluster to change the setting
> after installation of your software though.

I'm not worried about whether they change things afterwards, so much - then
it's something unsupported they've done.  :-)  I'm mostly worried about the
scenario of them having to do as little as possible in the first place to get
it to work.

Thank you for the information!  I'm going to take some more time to digest, and
then see what I can come up with.

-Allison