On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 06:52:53PM +0000, Lee, Wayne wrote:
>    In the epilog script that I've setup for our jobs, I've attempted to
>    capture the value of the "exit_status" of a job or job task and if it
>    isn't 0, 99 or 100, exit the epilog script with an "exit 100".   However
>    this doesn't appear to work.

In general when describing an issue or problem it is more helpful to describe
what
does happen than what doesn't.  The number of things that didn't happen when you
made the epilog script exit 100 is almost infinite.

>    Anyway way of stating what I'm trying to convey is if the exit status a
>    job or job task is anything other than 0, 99 or 100 put the job in error
>    state.      If this can be done, then we would know that a job didn't
>    complete correctly and if it is in Eqw state we have the option of
>    clearing error state (i.e. qmod -cj) and re-executing the job again.

One possibility would be to write a starter_method that wraps the real job and
does an exit 100 when the job terminates with an exit status other than 0 or
99.

William