On 8/1/2019 11:24 AM, Reuti wrote:
Hi,

Am 01.08.2019 um 15:58 schrieb David Trimboli <trimb...@cshl.edu>:

When I run qhost, the output is sorted alphabetically — which means "cluster10" appears
before "cluster2," and so on.

Before I go writing bash functions to manually sort this, which might lead to output side-effects,
is there any way to change the sort to a natural number sort, so that "cluster2" would
appear before "cluster10," etc.?
When I run qstat, the normal wraps to a second line in my terminal set to 120 columns. I
could fix that by eliminating the "jclass" column, which doesn't contain any
information, but I can only find ways to add columns, not take them away. Is there a way
to make this column go away?
Besides `cut -b`: what type of output are you looking for? There is a `qstatus`
AWK script in SoGE which displays the relevant columns including a longer job
name.

-- Reuti

Hmm, good point! This seems to do what I need:

    qstat -u '*' | cut -b 1-100,121-140