From: Daniel Povey <dpo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 3:24 PM
To: Mun Johl <mun.j...@wdc.com>
Cc: Skylar Thompson <skyl...@uw.edu>; users@gridengine.org
Subject: Re: [gridengine users] What is the easiest/best way to update our
servers' domain name?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Western Digital. Do not click on
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the
content is safe.

I always use the FQDN.  I recall running into problems with SunRPC if not...
there may be ways to get around that, e.g. have each host announce it's raw
hostname as its FQDN, but it might not be compatible with the hosts having
normal network access.
I forget what specific mechanism SunRPC uses to find the hostname.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:18 PM Mun Johl