Hi William, et al.,

> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 09:30:14PM +0000, Mun Johl wrote:
> > Hi William, et al.,
> > [Mun] Thanks for the tip; I'm still trying to get back to where I can
> > launch qsrh again.  Even after I put the requisite /etc/pam.d/sshd
> line at the head of the file I'm still getting the "Your "qrsh" request could
> not be scheduled, try again later." message for some reason.
> But I will continue to debug that issue.
>
> The pam_sge-qrsh-setup.so shouldn't have anything to do with this since
> the message occurs before any attempt to launch the job.  You could try
> running a qrsh -w p or and/or qrsh -w v to get a report on why the qrsh
> isn't being scheduled.  They aren't always easy to read and -w v doesn't
> reliably ignore exclusive vars in use but can nevertheless be helpful.

[Mun] With 'qrsh -w p' and 'qrsh -w v' I got the following output:
verification: found suitable queue(s)

I then replaced the -w option with -verbose which produced the following output:

waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout (54 s) expired while
waiting on socket fd 4
Your "qrsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

I have no idea what is meant by "socket fd 4"; but that leads me to believe we
have some sort of blocked port or something.

Are there any additional ports that need to be opened up in order to use 'qrsh
& ssh -X' ?

One last noteworthy item that recently occurred to me is that when SGE was
initially installed on our servers, we had a different domain name.  Late last
year we were acquired and our domain changed.  However, our /etc/hosts still
has the old domain simply because SGE couldn't deal with the change in the
domain--or rather, it was the easiest course of action for me to take and keep
SGE working.  I wonder if that is in some way interfering with 'qrsh & ssh -X'?

I am going to try and do some additional debug today and will report any
progress.

Thank you and regards,

--
Mun