Hi Søren,

I agree that they are all stars. One can have all stars without having "Groovy Stars" however ;-)

Regarding your arguments, I in turn disagree :-)

1. I think that the image of star as a celestial body is not the
   typical association with the word in this context, especially if
   used in plural (i.e. Groovy Stars).
2. As I have said before, the star in the Groovy logo can imho easily
   be missed (on the Apache Groovy start page it is even partially cut
   off), so the link here to me is weak.
3. Since many people in this industry have most probably played
   Nintendo games (at least) when they were younger, I uphold the
   validity of my argument regarding this association.
4. "Rock Stars" in the Java world are "Rock Star speakers at Java One",
   i.e. people who give presentations that, are supposed to "rock". The
   term "rock star" associates with a certain amount or coolness and
   rebellion - things that are typically absent from Java conferences,
   so it is clear why they would like to inject that by choosing the
   term ;-)
5. "Star players" in e.g. sports are exactly that: People who make a
   lot of money and are known and are revered by millions of people.
   Calling yourself a "star" if you are not even close to that level
   feels tacky to me.

Cheers,
mg