On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Ursa Polaris <polaris.u...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Hopefully that helps give more details and insight as well. I'm
> totally at a loss with this issue, but it's really bothering myself
> and my users something fierce. =/ I'm hoping not to be forced to move
> to nginx, but the lack of support from Apache folks is discouraging
> (not to mention the AWFUL documentation for mod_perl2)...

Don't take this the wrong way, but within ~4 hours you've had
experience supporting customers on this technology.  That's not so
shabby.  Note that this is potentially as time consuming for others as
it has been to you already unless you happen to catch the attention of
someone who has solved this type of issue before and there's a match
with their solution and your observations.

Changing some/all of the technology will presumably help, if you're
willing to risk other problems that have to be solved.  Maybe that is
cheap to experiment with.  It may be possible not to move totally to
nginx to eliminate some parts of the technology (see below).

So real CGIs are the ones with the problem.  If you're using a
threaded MPM, are you using mod_cgid?  (you should be)

mod_dumpio can log the request body/POST data at some intermediate
point between the network and the CGI.  strace of CGI children (if
practical to do that) would give another data point.  You could
temporarily re-implement the most crucial part of the CGI in C just to
get Perl/CPAN out of the picture -- doesn't have to perform the real
function; just has to confirm that the POST data got to the CGI
process.  (I doubt Perl/CPAN is the problem, but then every individual
part looks unlikely as well.)

Good luck!