This is the first I've heard of mod_cgid, so no we're not using it.
Apparently it IS in our mods-available folder and ready to use though.
I'm using Prefork mode which is the default for Ubuntu's stable Apache
package. Is that a threaded MPM that should make use of mod_cgid?
   Also, do you think it could be beneficial for us to build our own
Apache from source rather than relying on what Ubuntu's placed in it's
stable package library? I notice that it's often several minor
versions behind, not sure if that could be an issue here though since
this issue has been going on for a long time now. =/