I think I am confused about the <Location> directive. How many can you have?
Can you list 4 or 5, for example, and they are all acted upon? Or does Apached
just start with the first and stop there. Sorry for such a basic question but I
ran into an issue.

I used such a directive to lock down a particular directory. All was good. Then
I decided that I only wanted part of the directory (web app) to be locked down.
So I added several such Location directives. While it appeared to work . . .
well without going into too much detail the application didn't require
authentication. So I thought it was my application until I changed the
directives back to one for the entire directory/application and it started
working again as it should.

So I know it has to do with the location directives. Any suggestions?

This message contains Devin Group confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
 Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions
cannot be guaranteed secure, error-free and information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which may arise as result of transmission. If
verification is required please request hard-copy version.