On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Tommy Peterson
<tommy.peter...@xpandcorp.com> wrote:
> I think I am confused about the <Location> directive. How many can you have?
> Can you list 4 or 5, for example, and they are all acted upon? Or does
> Apached just start with the first and stop there. Sorry for such a basic
> question but I ran into an issue.
>
> I used such a directive to lock down a particular directory. All was good.
> Then I decided that I only wanted part of the directory (web app) to be
> locked down. So I added several such Location directives. While it appeared
> to work . . . well without going into too much detail the application didn't
> require authentication. So I thought it was my application until I changed
> the directives back to one for the entire directory/application and it
> started working again as it should.

Generally, the contents of the matching sections are merged together.
  How this works for specific directives sometimes takes
experimenting.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/sections.html#mergin

Be aware also that location /foo includes anything under /foo. If you
want more control, use LocationMatch.