At 09:15 PM 6/5/2011 +0200, Xavier Noria wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> httpd (conditionally) handles the chunking... the app generator's
> chunking is never used. Â What *module* is installed in httpd? Â I'm
> not familiar with the above.
>
> Only the entry point to httpd, e.g. mod_proxy, mod_wl, mod_ws, mod_jk
> mod_cgi or whatnot should ever dechunk. Â The response body must pass
> through httpd without any protocol (chunking) or headers.

Ah, interesting.

Phusion Passenger is an Apache module itself:

    http://www.modrails.com/

Yes - ah, interesting... from the web site you quote:

"__Supports__ ... the industry standard Apache web server" [my emphasis]
"Zero maintenance. No ... server process monitoring ... "
"'Phusion' and 'Phusion Passenger' are trademarks of Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui. All rights reserved."

Ah, interesting... that you say it's an Apache module. Maybe Messrs Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui could help you with your compression and chunking challenges? 'Cos when you suggest that Apache is functioning "Guess that works by luck" I might be tempted to suggest that Apache is a little more mature than Phusion.

But then again, your P.S. implies that you're a Phusion developer... ah, interesting.

Best - Paul
Tired old sys-admin.