> If Passenger has to dechunk, and we want a chunked compressed
> response, and Apache is the one responsible for doing that, how should
> we signal Apache that we want compression and streaming for that
> particular response.

This is the main path of just configuring mod_deflate.  Nothing else
required.  Only passenger cares how passenger decided what the content
of the response was, to everyone else it's just buckets of data.

"Streaming" just means the module that generates the content of the
response routinely hands some data off to Apache to send off to the
client rather then e.g. waiting until it's 100% done.  It's also not
something you need to configure.