On 2011-07-30 06:41, Darryle Steplight wrote:
Trying adding this in your vhost, config file or .htaccess file

addHandler x-httpd-php5 .php .htm .html

Please get it right:

<FilesMatch \.php$>
        SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Rob Stone<robst...@mira.net>  wrote:
Hello,

I have a working domain on a free LAMP hosting service. I thought it would
be a *good idea* if I set up a development environment on my Debian laptop.
Followed all the Debian specific stuff about setting it up and copied all my
files (html, php, js, css, etc.) into the /var/www directory. I also created
a new project and entered the appropriate lines into my httpd.conf file.
I can access my home page but NONE of the php is executed. It all works fine
on the host server.
I created a three line file to call phpinfo(),

That's 2 lines too many:

    $echo "<?phpinfo()?>" > info.php

placed it into the new
project's directory and it displays all of the php directives. If I make an
alteration to the php.ini file and run it again you can see the change.

So, why does a simple file with phpinfo() work and an html page with an
include "xyz.php" NOT render the page as desired in the browser???? It just
ignores the include.

HTML does not have an "include" directive.
Please don't confuse PHP with HTML.

When I restart apache, this is what is entered in the error.log file.

[Sat Jul 30 13:14:04 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Sat Jul 30 13:14:05 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Debian) PHP/5.3.6-13 with
Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

Output of uname -a
Linux roblaptop 2.6.39-2-686-pae #1 SMP Wed Jun 8 11:33:14 UTC 2011 i686
GNU/Linux

When I run apachectl -M it shows php5_module (shared).

None of this is relevant, really - the fact that a php file gets executed is also proof of all of the above.

--
J.