At 10:00 PM 10/14/2013 -0400, Yehuda Katz wrote:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Timothy Curchod <<mailto:timof...@hotmail.com>timof...@hotmail.com> wrote: The bad news is that in the error log there is nothing when going to <http://192.186.1.100/info.php>http://192.186.1.100/info.php or http://*my*.*ip*.*goes*.*here*/info.php. Localhost works fine. So if there is no error in the httpd error_log, then I am on the wrong mailing list now, right? It's not an Apache problem, it's a network setup/hardware issue.

To recap, the problem now is that requests through localhost work properly and other requests time out. Is that correct?

To me this really indicates that either Apache is not listening on other IPs (which we went through already) or (not sure why I did not mention this sooner) you might have a firewall in the way. Can you check if you have a firewall (like iptables) running on the system?

I *could* be way off track, but, as I wrote previously, this user has a "Linksys WRT54C router using Automatic Configuration DHCP" -- this is quite an old residential item, and istr that these were problematic. I can't even remember if it's a modem as well as a router. In any case, try setting it to static IP (or particularly if it's a modem, set to "straight through", disable any IP intervention and rely on your server set up for routing and firewall.)

Best - Paul