At 10:46 AM 11/6/2013 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2013-11-04 07:13:56 -0800, Make Myday wrote:
> (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80 > (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
> AH00015: Unable to open logs
> Action 'start' failed.
> The Apache error log may have more information.

Same problem, until I noticed that a tntnet web server was installed
during the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10!!!

Perhaps going a little off-topic (although tntnet apparently does disable apache2), could you please be more specific?

Upgrading *from* what version? Server or desktop? As far as I can tell, tntnet is either a very specific addition during install/upgrade, or can be added with the app "Freemind" in a desktop environment. I can find no mention of it being included in any server package (after a quick look at 13.10, but we only use the LTS in production.)

# apt-get remove --purge tntnet tntnet-runtime libtntnet11
solved the problem, so that I can now start apache2.

Best - Paul